DHS Choral Auditions
Do you want to join Jazz Choir next year? Auditions will be held on March 4-7. All applicants MUST register online at http://bit.ly/DHSChoirAuditions or by downloading an application from http://bit.ly/DHSChoirAuditionsPaper and mailing it, with a postmark by Feb 22, 2019. Applications are also available for pick up at school offices.
Parents of auditioning students are strongly encouraged to attend the pre-audition Parent Meeting on Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 4 pm in DHS room P-10 to hear about the audition process and the Jazz Choir experience.
Cabaret is the Davis High School Jazz Choir’s most elaborate production and largest celebration of the year. This popular event features the Jazz Choir, accompanied by a combo from the Davis High School Jazz Band. The 27 member choir performs under the musical direction of Dr. Karen Gardias with the choreography of Jeff Teague.
- Dinner Shows on Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, March 17 at Emerson Junior High, featuring delicious food and our wildly popular Mocktail bar
- Concert-only performance on Tuesday, March 19 at Brunelle
Visit our Cabaret 2019 website to buy your tickets today!
Support Jazz Choir!
We raise funds throughout the year to help pay for the costs associated with our performances and school trips, including our Spring Tour to Los Angeles. In February 2019, not only will our students have the opportunity to attend outstanding professional and dance performance workshops, they will also enjoy:
- An evening out at one of the best jazz clubs in LA, the “Baked Potato”
- An intimate performance of the original musical “Witness Uganda” and talk-back with the cast
- Behind the scene tours of the Warner Bros Studios and the Hollywood Bowl
- Star gazing at the Griffith Park Observatory and on Hollywood Blvd
- Tours of the UCLA and USC campuses
- A day in Disneyland
- And more…
Please consider donating now and/or attending our Cabaret Dinner & Performance fundraisers on Saturday, March 16 or Sunday, March 17. Stay tuned for more details. Thanks for your support!